Sheppard Air Force Base career fair - Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Sheppard Air Force Base career fair

KAUZ KAUZ
WICHITA COUNTY, TX (KAUZ) -

With the Sheppard Air Force Base Open House and Air Show kicking off this weekend with the goal being to not only showcase mission airmen and what they can do, but to inspire others to seek a military career.
Sheppard held a career fair Friday to coincide with the event. The career fair at Sheppard Air Force Base is a way to raise awareness, to show students what the air force does and the many job opportunities available. 

Recruiter Daniel Ramos said  "Air Force wide there's over 150 different career fields. So out of all those career fields or all the airmen in the Air Force only about 4% fly the planes. So we're trying to show them what the other 96 percent do. That is part of the piece. That is why we're doing this."

Juniors and seniors from Hirschi, Ryder, Wichita Falls, and other local high schools attended. For the first time two high schools from inner city Dallas were included.
A dream come true for many students looking for a career in the military after high school.

Air Force officials encourage everybody to come out not only to enjoy the air show, but to see what the air force has to offer. 

Copyright 2016 KAUZ All Rights Reserved

  • News HeadlinesNewsMore>>

  • 4 dead in Nashville Waffle House shooting; suspect sought

    4 dead in Nashville Waffle House shooting; suspect sought

    Sunday, April 22 2018 8:34 AM EDT2018-04-22 12:34:45 GMT
    Sunday, April 22 2018 12:19 PM EDT2018-04-22 16:19:25 GMT
    A customer at the restaurant took the gun from the suspect, who then took off his coat and fled the area. (Source: CNN)A customer at the restaurant took the gun from the suspect, who then took off his coat and fled the area. (Source: CNN)
    Police in Tennessee say three people were killed and four were injured in a shooting at a Waffle House restaurant early Sunday. (Source: CNN)Police in Tennessee say three people were killed and four were injured in a shooting at a Waffle House restaurant early Sunday. (Source: CNN)

    A customer at the restaurant took the gun from the suspect, who then took off his coat and fled the area. 

    A customer at the restaurant took the gun from the suspect, who then took off his coat and fled the area. 

  • Man killed in random knife attack at California steakhouse

    Man killed in random knife attack at California steakhouse

    Saturday, April 21 2018 5:44 AM EDT2018-04-21 09:44:08 GMT
    Sunday, April 22 2018 12:19 PM EDT2018-04-22 16:19:17 GMT
    (Ventura County District Attorney's Office via AP). This undated photo provided by the Ventura County District Attorney's Office shows Jamal Jackson. The homeless man has been charged with murder in a random stabbing attack in which a man was killed wh...(Ventura County District Attorney's Office via AP). This undated photo provided by the Ventura County District Attorney's Office shows Jamal Jackson. The homeless man has been charged with murder in a random stabbing attack in which a man was killed wh...

    A homeless man has been charged with murder in the death of a California father who was stabbed in the neck as his 5-year-old daughter sat in his lap in a crowded beachside steakhouse.

    A homeless man has been charged with murder in the death of a California father who was stabbed in the neck as his 5-year-old daughter sat in his lap in a crowded beachside steakhouse.

  • Syracuse fraternity permanently expelled over racist video

    Syracuse fraternity permanently expelled over racist video

    Saturday, April 21 2018 5:46 PM EDT2018-04-21 21:46:07 GMT
    Sunday, April 22 2018 12:18 PM EDT2018-04-22 16:18:59 GMT
    Syracuse University permanently expels fraternity for "extremely racist" video. (Source: WSYR/CNN)Syracuse University permanently expels fraternity for "extremely racist" video. (Source: WSYR/CNN)

    Syracuse University has permanently expelled a fraternity over an offensive video that fraternity members say was intended as satire.

    Syracuse University has permanently expelled a fraternity over an offensive video that fraternity members say was intended as satire.

Powered by Frankly