WICHITA COUNTY, TX (KAUZ) - A house fire on State Highway 79 has claimed the life of one woman. Officials say that fire started around 10:30 on Friday night. The Wichita East Volunteer Fire Department responded with the help from Wichita Falls, Jolly, Cameron Gardens, and Wichita County.
They Got there within minutes and the house was completely engulfed in flames. Two residents were able to get out of the home. Firefighters could not get inside the house to save the other person. Once the blaze was put out, they found the body of 35 year old Kristina Irwin. Officials say that she died of smoke inhalation.
The house is considered to be a total loss.
An electric space heater in one of the bedrooms is to blame for that deadly fire.