MIDLAND, TX - It is spring, and that means Texoma could see more severe weather.
Those storms can bring in hail, and it is usually hard to tell when nature will take its course.
Texas is one of the states that is the most hail-prone in the country. That is why Tom Hedke, with Tom Hedke Auto Hail Repair, has these tips for car owners.
1. Preparation is key, stay up to date with weather alerts and know where you can park your car before the storm.
2. If you don't have a garage, you can use thick sheets or floor mats to minimize breakage. Most dents caused by hail are repairable and don't require repainting, but hailstones can cause serious damage since they can get big enough to crack or break windshields.
3. If you're driving during a heavy hailstorm, try to wait it out if possible. Hedke said one mistake some drivers make is when they try finding a place to park during the storm.
4. Be sure to check with your auto insurance provider to see if hail damage repair is covered under your policy. If your car gets hit, be sure to clean the exterior to ensure you get the best estimate.
5. Look into paintless dent repair.