Forklift to blame for natural gas leak in Walmart

Forklift to blame for natural gas leak in Walmart

WICHITA COUNTY, TX (KAUZ) - The Walmart on Lawrence Road in Wichita Falls was evacuated due to a natural gas leak Saturday.

Fire officials tell Newschannel 6 that workers on a forklift busted a natural gas line in the store.

One shopper told Newschannel 6 around 10:23 p.m. they were told to leave their groceries and get out of the store.

The fire department and a hazmat crew were on the scene.

Around 11:15 p.m. it was confirmed firefighters were able to get the gas shut-off.

About an hour later customers were allowed back in the store and crews cleared the scene.

There was one person that was checked out by EMT but fire officials said there are no major injuries to report.

Copyright 2017 KAUZ All Rights Reserved