WICHITA FALLS, TX (KAUZ) - One Wichita Falls resident is recovering following a two-alarm fire at his home.
Wichita Falls firefighters were called out to the single-story wooden home in the 1000 block of Austin Street at 3:30 a.m. Friday morning for the blaze.
Fire officials say the fire began in the back of the house as the result of an electrical short.
The blaze took 30 minutes to get under control, but crews stayed on the scene for more than four hours to investigate.
According to the WFFD, there was $19,000 worth of damage done to the home and $25,000 in damages to the contents inside.
The lone resident inside the home was transported to United Regional with unknown injuries.