Wichita Co. Commissioners open bids for Bohner Rd. bridge projec - Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Wichita Co. Commissioners open bids for Bohner Rd. bridge project

Bohner Road Bohner Road
WICHITA COUNTY, TX (KAUZ) -

Wichita County commissioners are considering bids to fix Bohner Road.

Last week Newschannel 6 reported about the county's progress on building a bridge on that road.

Four bids were opened for that project.

The lowest bid was for just over $356,000 dollars and the highest just under $430,000 dollars.

Commissioners will now look over all the bids in detail and make a decision on what direction to go in the coming weeks.

Wichita County Judge, Woody Gossom, said it is important to make the right decision.

FEMA will pay for 80 percent of the project and the county the remaining 20 percent.

Two years ago a culvert on the road was washed away from flooding.

Judge Gossom said he has seen that happen at least three times in that same location during his time as county judge.

He also said they looked at replacing the road with another culvert, but they want a permanent solution to the problem.

Right now there is no timetable for the completion of the project.

Copyright 2017 KAUZ News All Rights Reserved

  • News HeadlinesNewsMore>>

  • Italy's leader demands safe roads; bridge toll rises to 43

    Italy's leader demands safe roads; bridge toll rises to 43

    Saturday, August 18 2018 4:10 AM EDT2018-08-18 08:10:33 GMT
    Sunday, August 19 2018 9:49 AM EDT2018-08-19 13:49:57 GMT
    (Luca Zennaro/ANSA via AP). Firefighters remove debris of the collapsed Morandi highway bridge in Genoa, Italy, Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018. Italian authorities have lowered the death to 38 from 39 in the collapse of a highway bridge in Genoa. Genoa Prefec...(Luca Zennaro/ANSA via AP). Firefighters remove debris of the collapsed Morandi highway bridge in Genoa, Italy, Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018. Italian authorities have lowered the death to 38 from 39 in the collapse of a highway bridge in Genoa. Genoa Prefec...

    Italian media say three more bodies have been found in the rubble of the Genoa bridge collapse, raising the death toll to 41.

    Italian media say three more bodies have been found in the rubble of the Genoa bridge collapse, raising the death toll to 41.

  • US says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative

    US says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative

    Sunday, August 19 2018 7:26 AM EDT2018-08-19 11:26:45 GMT
    Sunday, August 19 2018 9:48 AM EDT2018-08-19 13:48:18 GMT
    The Trump administration says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative for the U.S. (Source: Pixabay)The Trump administration says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative for the U.S. (Source: Pixabay)

    The Trump administration says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative for the U.S.

    The Trump administration says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative for the U.S.

  • Aretha Franklin's funeral set for Aug. 31 in Detroit

    Aretha Franklin's funeral set for Aug. 31 in Detroit

    Friday, August 17 2018 4:27 PM EDT2018-08-17 20:27:23 GMT
    Sunday, August 19 2018 9:48 AM EDT2018-08-19 13:48:03 GMT
    (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar, File). FILE - In this Feb. 5, 2006 file photo, Aretha Franklin and Dr. John, background on piano, perform the national anthem before the Super Bowl XL football game in Detroit. Franklin died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018 at her home...(AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar, File). FILE - In this Feb. 5, 2006 file photo, Aretha Franklin and Dr. John, background on piano, perform the national anthem before the Super Bowl XL football game in Detroit. Franklin died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018 at her home...
    Aretha Franklin's funeral will be held Aug. 30 in her hometown of Detroit.
    Aretha Franklin's funeral will be held Aug. 30 in her hometown of Detroit.
Powered by Frankly