New sidewalk to be built along Kemp Blvd. - Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

New sidewalk to be built along Kemp Blvd.

Kemp Boulevard Kemp Boulevard
WICHITA FALLS, TX (KAUZ) -

Wichita Falls leaders are trying to make the city more accessible to all forms of transportation by building a new sidewalk along Kemp Boulevard.

On Tuesday council members passed a resolution to award a bid for approximately $482,000 dollars.

The five-foot sidewalk will go from Midwestern Pkwy. to Southwest Pkwy.

There will also be improvements to some of the intersections along Kemp.

Director of Public Works, Russell Schreiber, said there is a need for this project.

"You see more of a movement by the public to walk or ride their bicycles to places than you did 20 or 30 years ago," Schreiber said.

Schreiber said there are a lot of people that walk and bike along Kemp, so he is happy they have a better option.

TxDOT will pay for 80 percent of the project and the city the remaining 20 percent.

Copyright 2017 KAUZ News All Rights Reserved

  • News HeadlinesNewsMore>>

  • US says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative

    US says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative

    Sunday, August 19 2018 7:26 AM EDT2018-08-19 11:26:45 GMT
    Sunday, August 19 2018 8:47 PM EDT2018-08-20 00:47:34 GMT
    The Trump administration says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative for the U.S. (Source: Pixabay)The Trump administration says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative for the U.S. (Source: Pixabay)

    The Trump administration says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative for the U.S.

    The Trump administration says conserving oil is no longer an economic imperative for the U.S.

  • Science Says: Hotter weather turbocharges US West wildfires

    Science Says: Hotter weather turbocharges US West wildfires

    Sunday, August 19 2018 11:27 AM EDT2018-08-19 15:27:02 GMT
    Sunday, August 19 2018 8:22 PM EDT2018-08-20 00:22:48 GMT
    (AP Photo/Noah Berger). FILE - In this Aug. 7, 2018 file photo, firefighters monitor a backfire while battling the Ranch Fire, part of the Mendocino Complex Fire near Ladoga, Calif. The years with the most acres burned by wildfires have some of the hot...(AP Photo/Noah Berger). FILE - In this Aug. 7, 2018 file photo, firefighters monitor a backfire while battling the Ranch Fire, part of the Mendocino Complex Fire near Ladoga, Calif. The years with the most acres burned by wildfires have some of the hot...

    An AP analysis finds a clear connection between warmer temperatures out west and more land burned by wildfires.

    An AP analysis finds a clear connection between warmer temperatures out west and more land burned by wildfires.

  • 'Crazy Rich Asians' shines bright at the box office

    'Crazy Rich Asians' shines bright at the box office

    Sunday, August 19 2018 11:37 AM EDT2018-08-19 15:37:04 GMT
    Sunday, August 19 2018 7:58 PM EDT2018-08-19 23:58:28 GMT
    (Sanja Bucko/Warner Bros. Entertainment via AP). This image released by Warner Bros. Entertainment shows Constance Wu in a scene from the film "Crazy Rich Asians."(Sanja Bucko/Warner Bros. Entertainment via AP). This image released by Warner Bros. Entertainment shows Constance Wu in a scene from the film "Crazy Rich Asians."

    Glitz has won out over guns at the North American box office this weekend as the gilded romance "Crazy Rich Asians" took No. 1 over Mark Wahlberg's action-packed "Mile 22".

    Glitz has won out over guns at the North American box office this weekend as the gilded romance "Crazy Rich Asians" took No. 1 over Mark Wahlberg's action-packed "Mile 22".

Powered by Frankly