WICHITA FALLS, TX (KAUZ) - Wichita Falls City Council members will be considering a number of agenda items at the August 1 meeting.
- A public hearing will be held to discuss a reinvestment zone for Gatehouse Capital to build a possible DoubleTree Hotel at 300 Travis St.
- Council members are expected to pass an ordinance to apply for $50,000 in funds with TxDOT for the Routine Airport Maintenance Program. Those funds would go towards fixing runways, hangers, etc.
- Councilors are expected to approve a resolution to approve the 2017 Community Development Block Grant and HOME Partnership Program. For more on this story, click here.
- Council members will consider passing a resolution authorizing a maximum price of $887,000 for the construction of the Sheppard Main Gate Bus Transfer Project.
- Councilors will consider giving $105,000 to Ganache Custom Bakery to help with a $1.7 million renovation of the Zales Building in the 800 block of Ohio. The money would go towards a fire suppression system and electrical infrastructure.
Follow Alex Achten on Twitter @Alex_KAUZ for up-to-the-minute details from the meeting.