WFFD: Grilling materials likely to blame for house fire

WFFD: Grilling materials likely to blame for house fire
House Fire on Ardath Avenue (Source: KAUZ)
House Fire on Ardath Avenue (Source: KAUZ)

WICHITA FALLS, TX (KAUZ) - The Wichita Falls Fire Department said grilling materials sparked a fire at a home in the 1900 block of Ardath Avenue on Thursday afternoon.

Around 12:26 pm the WFFD was called out to the home. Officials said grilling materials that were not completely cool were thrown in a trash can near the home.

That trash can caught fire which then caught the outside of the home on fire. The homeowner was the only person home at the time and made it out safely.

Fire crews had everything under control in about 20 minutes. At this time no estimate of damage could be given.

Copyright 2017 KAUZ All Rights Reserved