WICHITA FALLS, TX (KAUZ) - Wichita Falls City Council members will be considering a number of agenda items at the Tuesday, August 15 meeting.
- City council will consider an ordinance designating 300 Travis St. a reinvestment zone for Gatehouse Capital to build a possible DoubleTree Hotel.
- Council members will consider passing an ordinance to apply for $1 million to reconstruct Armstrong Dr. It is the entry road to Wichita Falls Regional Airport.
- Councilors will consider passing just below $760,000 for Phase Two of the 2017 Sanitary Sewer Budget Utility Improvement Project. The city would use the money to replace deteriorated sewer lines. For more information on Phase One, click here.
- Council members will consider passing a resolution to apply for $25,000 of Firehouse Subs Foundation Grant funds for an Avatar Negotiations Robot that would be provided to the Wichita Falls Police Department.
- Councilors will consider spending a little more than $21,000 on 51 additional Rifle Resistant Vests for the WFPD.
- Council members will hear a presentation on Phase One of the Riverside Cemetery Expansion.
- A work session will be held to discuss the proposed 2017-2018 budget.
Follow Alex Achten on Twitter @Alex_KAUZ for up-to-the-minute details from the meeting.