WICHITA FALLS, TX (KAUZ) - The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program is looking for Volunteers.
They had a meet and greet session today where Genevieve Anderson, the program director answered questions from the volunteers.
Last year they helped 3,085 people receive tax returns. The total amount of money brought back into this community through tax refunds was just over 4.1 million dollars.
These volunteers help with taxes for free and saved a total of $489,152 in tax prep fees.
Any one interested in volunteering can contact Genevieve Anderson at 940-322-8638 ext 35 or email email@example.com
There will be six training sessions. Volunteers most attend all classes during a training session to help during tax season.
1) Nov. 4, 11, 18: Saturday classes from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2) Nov. 6 - 17: Monday - Friday classes from 1 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
3) Nov. 6-17: Monday - Friday classes from 5 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
4) Jan. 6, 13, 20: Saturday classes from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
5) Jan. 9-19: Tuesday - Friday 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
6) Jan. 9-19: Tuesday - Friday 5 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.