Student speaks out after her mouth was taped shut - Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Student speaks out after her mouth was taped shut

(Source:KXXV) (Source:KXXV)
KILLEEN, TX (KAUZ) -

On Thursday a substitute teacher was barred from a KISD campus after duct taping the mouths of 13 students.

Our Raycom affiliate in Waco spoke to one student who had the tape placed on her mouth and said it's something that still scares her even days after it happened.

Charity Grigsby said her daughter, Angel Munoz will now be seeing a therapist after her mouth was taped shut by a substitute teacher at Maxdale elementary School on Thursday.

"We had just came in from our math class and everybody we were talking and I tried to go to my cubby and the teacher tells me to wait when I am on my way back to my desk she tells me to look at her so I do and then she put a piece of tape over my mouth," Munoz said.

"I was shocked. I didn't know what to think, but right away I told her to go to the principal's office," Grigsby added.

But Munoz told her mom she wasn't able to so Grigsby took matters into her own hands.

"I called the school. They said let them check it out and then we will give you a callback," Grigsby said.

And while Grigsby said that did happen. She added it didn't happen in fast enough.

"Principal Evans did call me but she called me around 2:30 and this all happened between 10:21 and 10:35 in the morning," Grigsby said.

And on top of an untimely response to her report, Grigsby added she's heard nothing about the investigation.

"They haven't kept me updated or anything and I have given them the proof of my daughter texting me," Grigsby added.

And those text messages, Munoz telling her mother about what happened, while it was happening.

"I tried to get my phone out and I started texting my mom saying the substitute put tape over my mouth," Munoz said.

Copyright 2017 KXXV. All rights reserved.

Tourists at iconic French abbey evacuated after threat

Sunday, April 22 2018 5:24 AM EDT2018-04-22 09:24:35 GMT
    Sunday, April 22 2018 12:07 PM EDT2018-04-22 16:07:46 GMT
    Authorities are evacuating tourists and others from the Mont-Saint-Michel abbey and monument in western France due to an apparent threat against security services. (Source: Raycom Media)Authorities are evacuating tourists and others from the Mont-Saint-Michel abbey and monument in western France due to an apparent threat against security services. (Source: Raycom Media)

Authorities are evacuating tourists and others from the Mont-Saint-Michel abbey and monument in western France after a visitor apparently threatened to attack security services.

Road to N. Korea's denuclearization is littered with failure

Saturday, April 21 2018 9:44 PM EDT2018-04-22 01:44:28 GMT
    Sunday, April 22 2018 12:07 PM EDT2018-04-22 16:07:39 GMT
    (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, Pool, File). FILE - In this Feb. 9, 2018 file photo, Kim Yo Jong, left, sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, shakes hands with South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the opening ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics in P...(AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, Pool, File). FILE - In this Feb. 9, 2018 file photo, Kim Yo Jong, left, sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, shakes hands with South Korean President Moon Jae-in at the opening ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics in P...

A look at previous nuclear negotiations with North Korea and how the currently planned talks between Seoul, Pyongyang and Washington took shape.

World's oldest person dies in Japan at age of 117

Saturday, April 21 2018 8:34 PM EDT2018-04-22 00:34:25 GMT
    Sunday, April 22 2018 12:07 PM EDT2018-04-22 16:07:22 GMT
    Nabi Tajima died of old age in a hospital Saturday evening in the town of Kikai in southern Japan, town official Susumu Yoshiyuki confirmed. (Source: TV Asahi/CNN)Nabi Tajima died of old age in a hospital Saturday evening in the town of Kikai in southern Japan, town official Susumu Yoshiyuki confirmed. (Source: TV Asahi/CNN)

The world's oldest person has died in southern Japan at the age of 117.

The world's oldest person has died in southern Japan at the age of 117.