Student speaks out after her mouth was taped shut - Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Student speaks out after her mouth was taped shut

(Source:KXXV) (Source:KXXV)
KILLEEN, TX (KAUZ) -

On Thursday a substitute teacher was barred from a KISD campus after duct taping the mouths of 13 students.

Our Raycom affiliate in Waco spoke to one student who had the tape placed on her mouth and said it's something that still scares her even days after it happened.

Charity Grigsby said her daughter, Angel Munoz will now be seeing a therapist after her mouth was taped shut by a substitute teacher at Maxdale elementary School on Thursday.

"We had just came in from our math class and everybody we were talking and I tried to go to my cubby and the teacher tells me to wait when I am on my way back to my desk she tells me to look at her so I do and then she put a piece of tape over my mouth," Munoz said.

"I was shocked. I didn't know what to think, but right away I told her to go to the principal's office," Grigsby added.

But Munoz told her mom she wasn't able to so Grigsby took matters into her own hands.

"I called the school. They said let them check it out and then we will give you a callback," Grigsby said.

And while Grigsby said that did happen. She added it didn't happen in fast enough.

"Principal Evans did call me but she called me around 2:30 and this all happened between 10:21 and 10:35 in the morning," Grigsby said.

And on top of an untimely response to her report, Grigsby added she's heard nothing about the investigation.

"They haven't kept me updated or anything and I have given them the proof of my daughter texting me," Grigsby added.

And those text messages, Munoz telling her mother about what happened, while it was happening.

"I tried to get my phone out and I started texting my mom saying the substitute put tape over my mouth," Munoz said.

Copyright 2017 KXXV. All rights reserved.

UK police think boy, 3, was attacked with acid at store

Sunday, July 22 2018 11:04 AM EDT2018-07-22 15:04:24 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 2:25 PM EDT2018-07-22 18:25:19 GMT
    A general view of the Home Bargains store where a man is accused of an acid attack on a young boy, in Worcester, England, Sunday. British police say a 3-year-old boy suffered severe burns on his face and arm. (Matthew Cooper/PA via AP)A general view of the Home Bargains store where a man is accused of an acid attack on a young boy, in Worcester, England, Sunday. British police say a 3-year-old boy suffered severe burns on his face and arm. (Matthew Cooper/PA via AP)

British police say a 3-year-old boy suffered severe burns on his face and arm during a suspected acid attack that investigators think was deliberate.

The Latest: Molinari breaks US stranglehold on majors

Sunday, July 22 2018 11:09 AM EDT2018-07-22 15:09:29 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 2:24 PM EDT2018-07-22 18:24:50 GMT

Francesco Molinari's win at the British Open has broken the American stranglehold on golf's major championships, with a U.S. golfer having won the previous five.

Gunman in LA supermarket standoff arrested for murder

Sunday, July 22 2018 8:49 AM EDT2018-07-22 12:49:27 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 2:10 PM EDT2018-07-22 18:10:09 GMT

Police say they're trying to determine what prompted a man to shoot his grandmother and then run into a busy Los Angeles supermarket and hold dozens of people hostage for hours.