LAWTON, OK (KAUZ) - A Lawton Hip Hop artist who was scheduled to open for one of the biggest stars in the music industry announced on Sunday that he had been scammed. Our sister station told you earlier this month Takeez was going to open for Jay-Z in Atlanta in November.
On the artist's Facebook page, he writes that Jay-Z's company RocNation contacted him and told him he fell victim to the scam. Takeez said the company and other artists had issues with the promoter in the past.
Takeez said he values the support of the city of Lawton, and is moving forward in his career.
First and foremost I would like to start off by saying thank you to everyone in Lawton that has supported me. Unfortunately, I have been informed by RocNation's legal team that other artist and myself have fallen victim to a scam that has led to litigation. RocNation legal counsel has stated that this promoter has been being sought after for sometime. As for all of the support that was shown in monetary form via Gofundme those funds are being rounded up and in the process of being refunded and I ask for your patience. Although I did nothing wrong on my part and attempted to verify all legitimacy of this opportunity I still fell victim. The love and support shown by the city of Lawton means the world to me, and tells me that you all have my back. I feel absolutely terrible and embarrassed that all of this has happened. My deepest apologies to you all; but please know your support and love has helped me a great deal and this ordeal will not stop me from moving forward in my career. Again thank you all.