Man trapped briefly inside home during fire

Man trapped briefly inside home during fire

IOWA PARK, TX (KAUZ) - Newschannel 6 has learned a man was briefly trapped inside a home that was on fire Thursday afternoon.

The Iowa Park Police Department, Iowa Park Fire Department and assisting agencies were called out to a home in the 500 block of W Alameda Street around 4:20 p.m.

Iowa Park PD said a man was painting inside the residence when the fire started. Neighbors saw the flames and called for help.

It was discovered the man was trapped inside the home and a window was broken so he could get out. Iowa Park PD said he was wearing a respirator, due to painting, that officials said likely saved his life.

Before being taken to the hospital, the man was alert and speaking to first responders. Iowa Park PD said his injuries were not life-threatening.

An investigation as to how the blaze started is still ongoing. Fire Fighters in Wichita Falls were called in to provide mutual aid.

Copyright 2017 KAUZ All Rights Reserved