Star Wars fans look forward to seeing The Last Jedi - Newschannel 6 Now | Wichita Falls, TX

Star Wars fans look forward to seeing The Last Jedi

WICHITA FALLS, TX -

The force was strong as theaters at Cinemark 14 Wichita Falls filled up for the premiere of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi."

"I've been a Star Wars fan since I was in 7th grade," Ezrah Brull said, "and when I heard that the sequels were being made, I was like 'yes, I need to see them.'"

"The movies we already saw were really cool," Quinn Baxter said.

"We like them, and they're good," Vincent Baxter said.

It's a tradition for many families that dates back to 1977: parents bringing a new hope to their kids.

"We've been going to the openings since they've been coming out, so it's been a family tradition," Anthony Taylor said.

"I've been watching star wars since I was a toddler with my dad," Sam Franklin said.

A new trilogy brings new favorites that Quinn and Vincent Baxter said they hope to get for Christmas.

"I want a BB-8 stuffed animal and a Rey, like, toy," Quinn said.

The old droids are still looked for.  Kara Tayor said her favorite was R2-D2.

"Also, this is Carrie Fisher's last movie," Brull said. "So it will be a very sad moment, but definitely wouldn't miss it for the world."

Carrie Fisher played Princess Leia.  She passed away last December, but filmed the movie before she died.

"It's just very sad because she's been there from the start," Kennedy Baker said.

"I mean, I speak for every star wars fan when I say this that she was an inspiration, especially for young girls and women," Brull said.

Cinemark is the only theater in Wichita Falls showing "Star Wars: The Last Jedi."

House Speaker Ryan remains non-committal about re-election

Sunday, January 21 2018 12:47 PM EST2018-01-21 17:47:18 GMT
    Sunday, January 21 2018 5:19 PM EST2018-01-21 22:19:54 GMT
    House Speaker Paul Ryan is still being non-committal about whether he'll seek re-election to an 11th term.

Senate moderates to pitch leaders on plan to end shutdown

Sunday, January 21 2018 12:56 AM EST2018-01-21 05:56:52 GMT
    Sunday, January 21 2018 5:19 PM EST2018-01-21 22:19:27 GMT

Congressional Democrats and Republicans are waiting for each other to blink over the government shutdown.

Afghan forces end deadly Taliban siege at Kabul hotel

Saturday, January 20 2018 11:46 PM EST2018-01-21 04:46:45 GMT
    Sunday, January 21 2018 5:18 PM EST2018-01-21 22:18:10 GMT

An Afghan official says that at least five civilians have been killed after gunmen attacked the Intercontinental Hotel in the capital Kabul.