WICHITA FALLS, Tx (RNN Texoma) - Wichita Falls fire crews say a car fire that damaged two homes was caused by a mechanical malfunction in the engine.
It happened Sunday night in the 2200 block of Kimberly Lane around 7:30 p.m.
Firefighters said the vehicle was under a carport.
The fire spread to the home where that vehicle was parked, a storage building and a neighbor's house.
The damage to the home where it started and the vehicle are estimated to be around $21,000.00. The neighbor's home has about $3,000 worth of damage to the outside.
No injuries were reported.