WFFD: Unattended cooking sparks fire in Wichita Falls

WFFD: Unattended cooking sparks fire in Wichita Falls
A fire damaged an apartment unit in Wichita Falls Thursday. (Source: RNN Texoma)

WICHITA FALLS, Tx (RNN Texoma) - A fire damaged a single apartment in Wichita Falls on Thursday. It happened just before noon in the 1600 block of 32nd Street.

The Wichita Falls Fire Department responded and saw smoke coming from the building at the scene.

It took about 15 minutes to extinguish the fire, which was contained in the second story apartment. The building was evacuated.

Officials said the cause of the fire was unattended cooking. The fire damage was primarily in the kitchen but there was also smoke damage throughout the apartment.

The structure had an estimated $10,000 in damage and there was an estimated $1,000 in damage to contents. There were no injuries reported.

Copyright 2018 RNN Texoma All Rights Reserved