WICHITA FALLS, Tx (RNN Texoma) - A fire Thursday morning damaged a home in Wichita Falls.
Just before 6:30 a.m. Thursday, firefighters were called to a home in the 3100 block of Speedway.
They said they saw smoke coming from the roof of the single-story brick home when they arrived.
When they entered the house, they found the fire in the kitchen.
It took 20 minutes for crews to extinguish the fire.
Officials say the cause of the fire was an electrical short in the fixture and wiring of the kitchen ceiling.
They said the fire damage was primarily in the kitchen area, but the home sustained smoke damage throughout the structure.
The damage to the home is estimated at $30,000 and damage to contents is estimated at $5,000.
Officials said there were no injuries.