Pet bird dies in WF house fire

Pet bird dies in WF house fire
A pet bird was killed in a house fire Saturday in Wichita Falls. (Source: RNN)

WICHITA FALLS, Tx (RNN Texoma) - A house fire damaged a home in Wichita Falls Saturday.

WFFD said just before 1 p.m. Saturday, firefighters responded to the 30 block of Locke Lane.

When they arrived, they found the structure showing heavy fire and smoke.

They said it took around 15 minutes to extinguish the flames.

Neighbors said there were three dogs inside the home, but two were in the back and one was in the front unharmed.

A pet bird was killed in the fire.

The owner of the home was not there at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an arcing wall outlet in the front wall of the home.

The damage is estimated to be $30,000 to the home and $5,000 to contents.

Copyright 2018 RNN Texoma All Rights Reserved