WICHITA FALLS, Tx (RNN Texoma) - The Wichita Falls City Council is looking to fill the District 3 seat.
The seat became vacant earlier this week when Brian Hooker's term limit expired.
Residents interested in serving can submit a cover letter explaining their qualifications and why they would like to serve to the City Clerk's office.
Resumes will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Friday, June 22. This appointment will only be until the November 6 election.
To qualify, applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have lived inside the city limits of Wichita Falls and District 3 for 12 months immediately preceding the June 22, 2018 deadline
- Not have been determined by a final judgment of a court to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
Please submit resumes to:
Marie Balthrop, City Clerk
1300 7th Street, Room 104
P.O. Box 1431
Wichita Falls, TX 76301