Left on stove causes house fire in Wichita Falls

WICHITA FALLS, Tx (RNN Texoma) - The Wichita Falls Fire Department said an unattended stove caused a house fire in Wichita Falls.

Just before 6 a.m. Wednesday, firefighters were called to a home in the 2900 block of Lavell.

When they arrived, they found fire showing in the front window of the home.

It took them about five minutes to extinguish the fire.

No injuries were reported to the occupant or the firefighters.

Damage to the home is estimated at $15,000 and $2,000 to contents.

Copyright 2018 RNN Texoma. All Rights Reserved.