WFFD: Fire on Vickie Dr. caused by electrical issue

WFFD: Fire on Vickie Dr. caused by electrical issue

WICHITA FALLS, Tx (RNN Texoma) - A fire on Wednesday night caused thousands of dollars in damage to a home in Wichita Falls.

Around 10:15 p.m. crews were called out to Vickie Drive off Old Iowa Park Road for a structure fire.

Crews would see smoke coming from a single wide mobile home when they arrived at the scene. Firefighters found the fire was coming from a locked bedroom on the west side of the home.

Crews made their way inside and were able to extinguish the fire that had spread through the ceiling to the two adjoining rooms and through a hole in the floor under the area where it started.

Insulation and other structural materials were ignited beneath the floor during the fire. The fire was put out in about 30 minutes and the electrical meter was pulled, according to fire officials.

The fire originated where a window air conditioning unit was installed. Fire officials said the cause of the fire was electrical in nature. The home itself sustained $10,000 in damage and the contents damage was $3,000.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2018 RNN Texoma. All Rights Reserved.