WFFD: Outlet causes fire at home in WF

WICHITA FALLS, Tx (RNN Texoma) - The Wichita Falls Fire Department said an A/C window unit and an extension cord plugged into an outlet caused a fire at a home Sunday.

Just after 4 p.m. Sunday, firefighters were called to the home in the 2000 block of Bell.

When they arrived, they found a fire showing in the left front corner of the house.

They said they were able to extinguish the fire in five minutes.

Officials said the residents of the home were sleeping and awoke to the smoke and the fire.

They were able to escape uninjured and no injuries were reported to the firefighters.

The damage to the house is estimated at $6,000 and $600 to contents. They said there was fire damage to the living room and heat and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

Copyright 2018 RNN Texoma. All Rights Reserved.