Recipe from Darrell Lucas of TX
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper's, seeded
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp, margarine
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 Sure Gel
- Green food coloring
- Chop bell pepper and jalapeno peppers in a food processor.
- Put together in a medium pot with apple cider vinegar, margarine and Sure Gel. Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar. Bring to a 2nd boil for 1 minute. (if foamy, cook a little longer.)
- Add 1 drop food coloring immediately.
- Ladle into prepared jars to within 1/2 inch from top. Screw tops on firmly. Turn jars upside down for 5 minutes, then right side up.
To serve: Pour over a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers.