WICHITA FALLS, TX (TNN) - Firefighters are battling a fully engulfed structure fire in Holliday this evening.
Officials confirmed the fire, but had few details to provide.
The fire is reported to be in the area of East Olive Street and South Walnut Street.
The owner of the house, Tonya Carew, spoke with our News Channel 6 crew at the scene.
She said she grew up in the house but at the moment it is her son that lives in it.
She also added that earlier this week they had discovered problem with the house’s electrical breaker box. She said there were sparks coming out of the box. She suspects that may be the cause of the fire. She said she is just grateful no one was in the house at the time of the fire.
The cause has not been confirmed by a fire marshal yet.
The fire was in a home just south of a car-wash.
Firefighters say a police officer spotted the fire and called it in at around 8:45 p.m.
They say it appears as though nobody was inside the home when the fire started.
As of 10:30 p.m. Friday night, officials were still on scene looking through the damage the fire caused.