WICHITA FALLS, TX (TNN) - The family has identified the woman killed in a house fire in Wichita Falls early Wednesday morning.
Close family have told us Ruth Ann Benson, 56, was found dead in the back part of the home. Firefighters were called to a home in the 1300 block of Old Iowa Park Road around 2:40 a.m.
When crews arrived, the home was engulfed in flames. Officials said the cause of the fire was a wood burning stove. A recliner was next to the stove and the recliner caught on fire when the occupant started a fire in the stove
Another person was taken to United Regional to be treated for some inhalation. Two other people were in the home at the time of the fire but we’re told they were not hurt.
Damages to the house are estimated at $25,000.