WICHITA FALLS, TX (TNN) - Burkburnett ISD officials say an online threat against Burkburnett Middle School, no longer exists.
That's the latest from the Burk ISD Superintendent who says the district's police chief was able to identify and locate the person responsible.
The news follows a threat posted on social media last month that also included the date 4/16/19.
While no information has been given on who the individual is or any possible charges, the Superintendent stresses since this person has been identified, they believe the threat no longer exists.
Earlier on Monday officials told Newschannel 6 that extra patrols would be on campus on Tuesday as that was the date mentioned in the threat.
An extra officer was hired to patrol the campus for the rest of the school year.