KAUZ, LLC. and American Spirit Media Station in Wichita Falls, TX has an opening for an IT/Engineer. Experience in IT, computer/network support, proven ability to install and maintain equipment, effective organization and communication skills are a must. Experience in broadcast television engineering, training in electronics troubleshooting and repair, and SBE certification is highly desirable.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain broadcast technology, facilities, and equipment for the station.
• Implement new IT and engineering projects as directed by project management
• On call when needed to provide timely response to station off-air situations, equipment issues, transmitter issues, etc.
• Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve electronic and or electrical issues at both the studio and transmitter locations.
• Evaluate, install, maintain all IT and A/V systems, including all control rooms, studio equipment, field gear, station equipment etc.
• Maintain news gathering field gear, to include cameras, editors, microwave/satellite live trucks.
• Perform routine equipment/facility maintenance at studio and remote locations
• Assist with system integration and modification of Broadcast/IT systems, specifically with reference to cabling and system documentation.
• Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES:
• Understanding of all IT/IP workflows and signal flows
• Understanding of all HD/SD workflows and signal flows
• Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows server versions needed
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco routers, and all other Small Business Networking.
• Must be able to work independently and prioritize.
• Knowledge of AVID/SUNDANCE automation and OMNEON play to air servers a plus
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record are required
EDUCATION And EXPERIENCE:
• TV Broadcast background required
• Minimum of 3+ years in professional television broadcast environment installing/operating/repairing television/IT equipment. Ability to repair and install IT/IP systems, as well as SD/HD digital broadcast systems.
• Technical degree in Information Technology, Broadcasting, Electronics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT