WICHITA FALLS, Texas (TNN) - UPDATE
Things are back to normal on Allegheny drive near Rider High school after a gas leak shut down the street on Tuesday.
Wichita Falls Fire Department and Atmos Energy crews were on scene to help with the situation.
Families were evacuated from their homes while crews were handling the leak. Fire crews later left while Atmos Energy finished the fix.
Wichita Falls police have evacuated at least three houses on Allegheny Drive due to a gas leak.
Officers have shut down one lane of Southwest Parkway between Allegheny Drive and Sierra Madre Drive.
Our crew on scene say there is a strong smell of gas in the area.
The Wichita Falls Fire Department, Atmos Energy and safety officers are all on scene at this time.
Stick with News Channel 6 as we learn more.