WICHITA FALLS, Texas (TNN) - UPDATE
Wichita County early voting opened on time after a possible delay was reported Monday night.
County Clerk Lori Bohannon announced at 6 a.m. Tuesday morning that early voting would open on time.
Early voting started at 8 a.m. for the following locations:
- Wichita County Courthouse, 900 7th Street, room 139, Wichita Falls
- Commissioner 2 Building, 102 W College, Burkburnett
- Wichita County Tax Office Substation, 400 N Wall Street, Iowa Park
- Commissioner 4 Building, 2023 SH 25 N, Electra
Early voting begins at 10 a.m. for the following locations:
- Homezone Furniture, 3921 Fairway Blvd., Wichita Falls
- Sikes Senter Mall, 3111 Midwestern Parkway, Wichita Falls
Wichita County early voting has been delayed as county officials have been unable to pull a list of their registered voters, according to County Clerk Lori Bohannon.
Bohannon says the circumstances are beyond her team’s control. They’ve been working with the Secretary of State since Friday to get the problems resolved.
The list was thought to have been acquired this afternoon but county officials found more issues.
The county hopes to start early voting by 1 p.m. on Tuesday if not sooner.