One dead, one hospitalized from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Wichita Falls

One dead, one hospitalized from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Wichita Falls
Generators can keep lights running, but could cause a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning if not used properly.

WICHITA FALLS, Texas (TNN) - Wichita Falls police report one person is dead and another has been hospitalized from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a generator.

Officers were called to a house in the 1200 block of Sun Valley Drive on Tuesday where they found two unconscious men.

A 58-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene and the other victim was taken to United Regional.

WF police report a generator was running on the patio with the glass doors open; officers on scene reportedly smelled exhaust fumes.

The hospitalized victim is reportedly in stable condition and is being treated for high carbon monoxide levels.

Copyright 2021 Texoma News Network. All rights reserved.