WICHITA FALLS, Texas (TNN) - The Wichita Falls - Wichita County Public Health District provided some simple steps to register for the COVID vaccine.
The public health district recommends registering for the COVID vaccine from a mobile phone in order to screen shot the needed QR code. The QR code can be printed using a desktop computer or if you don’t have access to either, health officials instruct to write your name, date of birth and phone number on a piece of paper to bring with you.
- Visit the site at wichitafallstx.gov or click here.
- Click on the yellow button from the homepage which reads “COVID-19 Wichita County”
- Click on the vaccine waitlist registration link
- Complete the form and receive a QR Code as confirmation
- Take a screenshot of the code
- Receive a text once vaccine clinics are available
- Follow the instruction in the text
- Bring your screenshot of the QR code or a printed QR code to visit
Officials with the health department say only register if you fall under either 1A and 1B groups, due to state requirements for vaccine administration. These groups include the following:
- 65 or older
- 16+ with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness, such as, but not limited to: Cancer Chronic kidney disease COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) Down Syndrome Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m² or higher but < 40 kg/m²) Severe obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m²) Pregnancy Sickle cell disease Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Healthcare worker
- School and child care personnel
As of March 1, there are appointments available to be scheduled for both 1A and 1B groups.