1 death, 145 new COVID-19 cases reported in Wichita County
WICHITA FALLS, Texas (KAUZ) - One death and 145 new COVID-19 cases have been reported in Wichita County for Thursday.
96 people are currently hospitalized. There have been 616 new cases and five new deaths reported so far this week.
|Tuesday, September 7, 2021||4||50s, 60s (2), 70s||276||94|
|Wednesday, September 8, 2021||0||--||195||100|
|Thursday, September 9, 2021||1||70s||145||96|
Last week, there were a total of seven COVID-19 related deaths, 848 new cases, and 80 hospitalizations. 88% of the new cases were not vaccinated.
The Wichita Falls-Wichita County Public Health District has returned to daily rather than weekly reporting of COVID-19 case numbers, hospitalizations and deaths. Tuesday’s numbers will include numbers from Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (as it was a holiday). They will also report reinfection and vaccine data on Fridays.
Additionally, Wichita Falls ISD’s COVID-19 case tracker shows there are 286 active COVID-19 cases within the district.
247 of those cases are students and 39 are staff members.
For MSU Texas, there are 32 active student cases and five active staff cases as of Friday.
- COVID cases skyrocket in Wichita County
- Texas to deploy more medical personnel, establish more COVID-19 antibody infusion centers
- Texoma hospitals feeling strain due to rising COVID cases
- Third COVID-19 vaccine dose available for people with moderately, severely compromised immunity
- United Regional pleads for public to get vaccinated in ominous statement
Copyright 2021 KAUZ. All rights reserved.