Voter registration deadline is Jan. 31
WICHITA FALLS, Texas (KAUZ) - It’s hard to believe, but the next election season is right around the corner.
With early voting starting on Feb. 14, groups in Wichita Falls like the League of Women Voters (LWV) are urging the public to register beforehand and update any of their information that may have changed, such as their address or name.
To be eligible to vote in Texas, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a resident of the county where you submit your application
- Be at least 17 years and 10 months on the date your voter registration application is submitted
- Be 18 years of age on Election Day
- You are not a convicted felon - you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
To learn more about how you can register before the Jan. 31 deadline, click here.
Copyright 2022 KAUZ. All rights reserved.