WFFD extinguishes fire on Giddings Street
No injuries were reported.
WICHITA FALLS, Texas (KAUZ) - The Wichita Falls Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 1300 block of Giddings Street on Sunday.
Upon arrival, firefighters reported flames showing from a detached garage behind the home.
WFFD officials said the fire then spread to another garage that was turned into an apartment with two people residing in it. Both of the residents were asleep inside the apartment at the time of the fire. The homeowner reportedly woke them up and got them out of the building.
The fire in the garage and apartment took about 30 minutes to extinguish, according to the fire department.
The cause of the fire was reportedly arcing from the power line going to the apartment when it became disconnected from the service on the building; the entire garage was destroyed and the apartment sustained major damage to the exterior and attic areas.
There were no injuries reported by occupants or firefighters. WFFD officials estimate the fire caused about $7,000 to the buildings and about $1,000 in damages to the contents.
Copyright 2022 KAUZ. All rights reserved.