Fall and Halloween events in the Texoma area
TEXOMA (KAUZ) - As Halloween approaches, Texoma residents look for scary and not-so-scary fall festivities to welcome cooler temperatures, changing leaves, and sweet treats. Below is a list of some of the Texoma fall festivities throughout October to satisfy pumpkin cravings and fall frights.
All the links below lead to Facebook Event Pages, where more information about times, locations, dates, or ticket prices is available.
Wichita Co., Texas
Wichita Falls offers dozens of fall and Halloween events from local businesses to bring on fall chills and thrills. Ranging from children’s activities to live pub music and haunted houses, there is something available for everyone.
- Drive-thru Trick or Treat with Camp Fire of North Texas: Join Camp Fire this Halloween for their drive-thru trick-or-treat on October 31! They will be decorating their Camp Fire vans, giving out candy and other festive treats, as well as playing your favorite Halloween tunes. Dressing up is not required but is highly encouraged!
- CrashWorks STEAM Mommy & Me Halloween: Crashworks STEAM invites children and their guardians to engage in sensory play by exploring pumpkin guts. Tickets are $7 for nonmembers, and adults are free. Will be held on October 19.
- Halloween Party with Iron Horse Pub: Iron Horse Pub presents Man the Machine with a special guest, Dirt, for this year’s Halloween party on October 28. They will also have a costume contest and prizes! Tickets are available in advance or at the door.
- Heritage Church’s “Light the Night!” event: Heritage Church’s 17th annual community fall festival will take place on October 31 at its Southwest Pkwy location. “Light the Night!” is a free, family-friendly Halloween event of games, entertainment, and door prizes. For more information, contact Heritage Church at 940-767-5333.
- The Running Dead WF: Withershins Menagerie presents an obstacle course with a zombie around every corner on October 28. Use your wits to survive and race to the finish line. The event also features children’s activities, live music, and candy. Accessible to the public.
- Halloween painting session at Jason’s Deli: Reserve your seat to paint a “Frankenstein and Mummy gnome” canvas with Jason’s Deli, hosted by Everyday Monet.
- A NOT-too-scary Party in the Park: Parents can bring their children (6th grade or younger) to the Permian Park in Burkburnett on October 24 for trick-or-treating, photo-ops, face painting, and a cookie walk. The Burkburnett Library hosts the event.
- Halloween in the Park: Get ready for a spooktacular time at Halloween in the Park, presented by the City of Wichita Falls Recreation Department! Celebrate Halloween on October 21 with costumes, candy, carnival games, a bounce house, and more! Registration for the costume contest begins at 5 p.m., and judging starts at 6 p.m.
- Emmanuel Baptist Church WF Fall Festival: A free-to-the-public event featuring games, a bounce house, and candy. There will be a concert by Christian county recording artist Freddy Redmon at 6:00 p.m. on October 28.
- MSU Texas Trunk or Treat: Join Midwestern Stae University for a Trunk or Treat on October 26 at 6 p.m.
- Halloween vendor parking lot pop-up: A Halloween-themed vendor party hosted by The Go2Girl featuring local businesses and candy for children on October 28.
- Paramount Real Estate Trunk or Treat: A trunk or treat and costume contest for children under 12 on October 27.
- October Haunted Social: Join Sheppard Spouses Club at the Wind Creek Village on October 19 for a frightly fun night, where they will serve witches’ brew and dead man’s delight and play creepy games with spook-tackular gifts from beyond the grave.
- Bowman VFD Truck or Treat: Bowman’s Volunteer Fire Department is hosting its annual Truck or Treat on October 29. The event will feature candy, pumpkin carving, games, prizes, and a bounce house.
- Wichita County Autism Awareness Falls Festival: The Fall Festival will be held on October 21. The event is sensory friendly and will have games, trunk or treat, bounce houses, face painting, craft tables, food vendors, and more. Will be held at the Memorial Stadium, located at 4709 Barnett Road in Wichita Falls.
- Murder Mayhem at the Kemp Center: The Kemp Center for the Arts will host ‘Sherlock Holmes’ this Saturday, October 21. The event begins at 6:00 p.m. tickets are $50 each or $90 for couples.
Wise Co., Texas
- Wise County Public Safety Fall Festival: A public safety event hosted by the Wise County Sheriff’s Department at the Wise County Fairgrounds will be held on October 24.
- Fall Fair at CrossRoads Church: The church will have lots of fun activities like trunk-or-treating, carnival rides, live music, food trucks, and a hayride! Bring a friend, tell your neighbor, and make sure to round up your whole family for this community-wide event. This event will be held on October 18.
Stephens Co., Okla.
- Boo Review 2023: Duncan’s annual Boo Review will feature a kid’s costume contest and local businesses handing out candy on October 28.
Comanche Co., Okla.
- Trunk’n Scary Paint and Sip: An instructor-led step-by-step paint class with all tools and canvases provided. Learn to paint a truck sitting in a spooky graveyard lit by the full moon on October 28.
- Boo-a-palooza: A Halloween storytime for babies and young children under 6 on October 26. The event will also feature a costume contest, treats, and music.
- Fort Sill’s Basement of Terror: A weekend haunted house with eight rooms of terror and scare zones begins October 20. Tickets are $10 per person, and an adult must accompany children under 16.
Jefferson Co., Okla.
- Trunk or Treat on Main Street Waurika: Take your children trick-or-treating on Main Street Waurika on October 28, hosted by Waurika EMS.
This article is not meant to be a comprehensive list of fall or Halloween events available in Texoma.
Let our newsroom know about events if you do not see them here.
Copyright 2023 KAUZ. All rights reserved.