Serial 911 caller arrested by WFPD

Updated: Aug. 27, 2018 at 2:56 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

WICHITA COUNTY, TX (KAUZ) - A Burkburnett man was arrested last week for making false emergency calls to the Wichita Falls Police Department.

According to court documents, on Friday, August 17, the Burkburnett Police Department was contacted by the WFPD about receiving multiple 911 calls from a man who lived in Burkburnett.

It is alleged, between August 10 and August 21, Roger Hardy, 52, made several 911 calls in reference to being upset about a variety of things.

On one occasion, Hardy told 911 dispatch he was upset that Michael Jackson was murdered. On another, Hardy reported he was receiving threats from his girlfriend Janet Jackson.

On Friday, August 17, he called WFPD 911 and reported someone shot a dog in the alley behind his home. Officers went to the home and were unable to get Hardy to speak with them.

But they discovered there was no alley behind Hardy's home and officers spoke with neighbors who said they did not hear any gunshots.

Around 11:30 p.m. that night, officers attempted to talk to Hardy by knocking on his front door. According to an arrest warrant, Hardy began screaming and refused to open the door.

Officers said Hardy began yelling threats to officers and said he had weapons and was going to "kill officers and their families," according to the warrant.

On August 19, between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., Hardy called WFPD 911 dispatch three different times and said Donald Trump was trying to kill him, asked the WFPD to get in contact with Janet Jackson, and told them he was Jesus Christ and wanted to share his gospel, according to court documents.

On August 21, around 1:30 a.m., WFPD dispatch received a call from Hardy who was saying women were putting babies in the microwave.

Following the investigation, arrest warrants for False Alarm or Report Emergency (Public Service), Silent Abusive Calls to 911 Service, and Terroristic Threat Against Public Servant were issued for Hardy.

He was arrested on Thursday, August 23. As of the publishing of this article, Hardy remained in the Wichita Co. Jail on a $4,000 bond.

Copyright 2018 RNN Texoma. All Rights Reserved.